March 5, 2015

My Top 10 List: Helping You Get to Know Me

Welcome to my Tuesday, March 3rd catch-up post for the Article Writing Challenge.

I was supposed to write a "Top 10" list, so in the interest of saving time, I'm borrowing one from another blog of mine.

So unless you're a family member, a close friend, a mutual Facebook group member, or a blog follower and reader at my KLB blog...here are my "Top 10" things you may not know about me!


dave-me-desi
Hubby Dave and me, with our pup, Desi!

1. I'm happily married (third time's the charm) to the love of my life, Dave, and we live in Maine with our "fur babies."

2. They include our 2 1/2-year-old pup, Desiree Clementine (Desi), a beautiful Plott hound with brindle markings; our 1- year-old black lab, Zoe Lee:

Me with my Zoe pup.
 ...and SIX cats -- yes, 6, although five of them arrived as a litter of feral kittens almost five years ago--and we just couldn't part with any of them.

3. I grew up in Gilford, New Hampshire within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee, and what is NOW the Meadowbrook Concert Pavilion. I was also within a few miles of Gunstock Mountain Resort and only about a half hour from what was THEN Bryar Motorsports Park in Loudon - NOW known as NH Motor Speedway.

4. I was NOT a NASCAR fan when I lived close enough to easily go to the races...NOW I am, since I've been with Dave, even though we have to travel about 3 1/2 hours to get there now!  GO DALE JR!!

5. I have four adult "kids" ranging in age from 25 to 33; my son is the oldest and then three beautiful daughters.  All have spouses or significant others in their lives, AND my youngest daughter and son-in-law have two daughters; so I am a grandmother to two beautiful granddaughters, born in 2012 and 2014.


Dave and me with our granddaughters.

6. Dave and I went on our first trip together - first flight, first international traveling adventure - in November 2013, to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic to attend my middle daughter's wedding.

7. I am in my 8th year as a freelance writer and educational consultant; I have over 3,200 articles published online, recently co-authored a book with Dr. Christine Mason entitled Heart Beaming, and have helped develop about 15
courses for various clients.

8. I have written one book so far, a compilation of stories about my own Dad--gone since 2002--with contributions from others about their fathers. It's called Fatherly Reflections, available at Amazon for only $2.99 - plan ahead and download it in time for a nice Father's Day gift!
My book.

9. I have a custom quilt business, K-Lee's Kreations, specializing in adding imprinted photos for truly personal, memorable items. I make quilts, pillows, bags, and other fabric items.
Pillow made as a special gift for a young lady who successfully beat cancer.


10. I became a doctoral candidate in March 2014 when I passed my comprehensive exams for my Doctor of Education (EdD) degree with Northcentral University. I am currently working on my dissertation examining whether more effective online course development focused on meaningful learning activities—paired with engaging, interactive, and innovative online delivery methods—will satisfy the needs of adult learners engaged in online education.


So there you are--my Top 10 list!

Did you know all these things about me? Are any of them a surprise?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts! Thank you.