March 2, 2015

March Motivation Modification: TED Talk by Daphne Koller on Lessons from Online Education

March 2015...I certainly didn't expect to be gone for so long after declaring that my eLearning 4 Life blog was back! However, life happened, with its demands and other obligations that took priority over blogging.

But now, in this month of my birthday, I am working on modifying certain aspects of my life and reigniting my motivation to blog as a means to share my passion for ongoing, lifelong learning.


Blogging, studying, and drinking coffee...seem to go together! 


 [Source: morgueFile free photos]


So to help me revive this blog and get some new content here, I'm following some writing prompts from a group I belong to on Facebook called the Article Writing Challenge. The organizer, Bonnie Gean, offered this as an idea for a blogging schedule, and since it worked well on another blog, I thought I would follow it here:

Sunday: Video Blog
Monday: Product Review
Tuesday: Top 10 List
Wednesday: Guest Blog Post
Thursday: Infographic
Friday: Three Things I Completed Today
Saturday: Step-by-Step Tutorial
  

AND since today is Sunday (or it was when I started this post), I thought I would share this TED Talk by Daphne Koller entitled "What We're Learning from Online Education." 

Here is the description: Daphne Koller is enticing top universities to put their most intriguing courses online for free -- not just as a service, but as a way to research how people learn.




So what do you think of her ideas? Do you appreciate the opportunity to take free courses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts! Thank you.